PacMed Eye Care – Canyon Park
We are here to help you keep your vision at its best. Our eye care team offers a full spectrum of services—from eye exams and eyeglasses to treatment of glaucoma and macular degeneration. Additionally our surgeons perform cornea, cataract, retina and glaucoma surgery. We care about you and your eye health.
The first step to good eye care? Make an appointment. Many eye conditions can develop slowly as we age. The signs and symptoms of many eye issues are so mild that you may not notice them. The best solution? Getting routine eye exams.
Phone: (425) 203-3906
Tips for Healthy Eyes
- Take a “20-20-20” break: Do you get eye strain from computer work or doing close work? Follow the 20-20-20 rule: Look up every 20 minutes and focus on an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Still fatigued? Come in for an evaluation.
- Choose good sunglasses: UV-blocking sunglasses delay the development of cataracts, help prevent eye damage and help prevent wrinkles and cancer. Choose sunglasses that block 100% of UV-A and UV-B rays.
- Get to know your family tree: Know your family’s history of eye disease. You may be at increased risk for those diseases and may need close monitoring.
- Ouch! Use protective eyewear: The US has 2.5 million eye injuries each year. But many could be prevented! For home projects, choose ANSI-approved eyewear. Wear protective eyewear designed specifically for your sport.
- Stub out that cigarette: Smokers are at increased risk of developing cataracts, macular degeneration, as well as disorders of the blood vessels of the eyes.
- Don’t abuse contact lenses: Follow the instructions about the care and use of contact lenses. Misusing them can result in serious eye conditions that can cause severe pain and vision loss.
- Routine eye exams for adults and children
- Prescribe eyeglasses, corrective contact lenses
- Test for glaucoma
- Diagnose and manage chronic eye problems
- Treat eye-related emergencies
- And more
- Glaucoma management and surgery
- Dry eyes
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Cataract, retina and cornea surgery
- And more
WHAT TO BRING
Bring the following items to make the most of your time with the doctor:
- ID and insurance cards
- Your co-pay
- Any X-rays and labs from outside the PacMed/Swedish/Providence network
- A list of your questions and symptoms.
Please plan to arrive 20 minutes early to park and check in. Read more details on how to prepare for your visit.
CHECK YOUR COVERAGE
To avoid financial surprises, we recommend calling your insurance before your visit to check your coverage for:
- Pacific Medical Centers
- The provider you’re seeing
- The services or procedures you are coming in for.
It’s good to ask your insurance whether our clinic and provider are in network and what your financial responsibility might be.
View a list of the insurance plans we accept.
If you or a family member are active or retired military, you may be eligible for the Uniformed Services Family Health Plan (USFHP).
USFHP is TRICARE prime option offering top-quality civilian medical care. USFHP is sponsored by the Department of Defense and has been administered in our region by PacMed for over 30 years.
Call 800.585.5883 to learn more or enroll in the US Family Health Plan (USFHP).