Sesame Chicken Mason Jar Salad
I enjoy recipes that are flexible with ingredients you already have in your kitchen—and most of these ready-to-go mason jar salads are no exception.
Tips: Use a wide-mouth, 16-ounce mason jar (or other tall glass or plastic container with tight lid).
- Put the dressing in first, to avoid a soggy salad.
- Pile in individual ingredients, in the order listed—hardy vegetables or proteins on the bottom, delicate leaves and seeds on top.
- You can store the salad for 1-2 days.
- When ready to eat, shake and tumble jar until contents are mixed, and enjoy! Eat it straight from the jar (great for a picnic!) or pour into a bowl.
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons sesame-ginger dressing
- ½ cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup chopped cooked chicken (or canned chicken/tuna)
- 2 tablespoon edamame (if using frozen, thaw first)
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
In a 16-ounce mason jar, layer ingredients in the following order: dressing, cabbage, chicken, edamame, carrots, and quinoa.
Screw on lid and refrigerate.
When ready to eat, shake jar until contents are mixed and enjoy.