This easy weeknight meal comes together fast and is flexible depending on what you enjoy with pizza. Other colorful options—a great way to eat a variety of vitamins and nutrients— include mushrooms, pepperoni or meatballs, purple potatoes, cauliflower, corn and olives. Recipe adapted from www.gimmesomeoven.com.
- 1 package flatbread or naan
- 1/2 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups chopped colorful veggies (I used broccoli florets, yellow and orange peppers, cherry tomatoes, and red onions)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each Italian seasoning and garlic powder (salt-free)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Lay out flatbread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Divide pizza sauce between pieces, and use a spoon to spread it over the top of the bread.
Sprinkle the mozzarella over the sauce. Then layer the veggies in a rainbow pattern on top of the cheese. Drizzle or mist each pizza with a bit of olive oil.
Sprinkle each pizza with the seasonings and Parmesan cheese
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked and the crust is slightly golden. Remove pizzas from oven, and sprinkle with optional toppings like red pepper flakes or arugula if desired. Slice and serve warm.