Healthy Peanut Sauce Grain Bowl
Watch the instructional video and read the recipe below it for a healthy, savory meal!
- I package buckwheat (soba) noodles
- 1 package of tempeh (or another protein of choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, split
- ¼ sweet onion, chopped
- 2 small summer squash, halved and sliced
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Peanut sauce to top
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or low sugar)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (or a whole small lime juiced)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
Cook noodles according to package. While noodles cook, prepare peanut sauce. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil. Mix together and add hot water slowly as you whisk. You can add more or less water depending on your desired consistency.
To cook the tempeh, slice into thin strips. Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil to your sauté pan. Place tempeh into pan, evenly spaced. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned on one side, flip over and cook second side. Remove from heat, let extra oil drained onto paper towel and set aside.
In a wok or same sauté pan, heat 1-2 teaspoons oil. Add onion and sauté until translucent (about 4 minutes). Add squash and pepper and cook for another five minutes. Remove from heat and add in scallions and cilantro.