COVID-19: The new landscape for care
Please continue to Mask Up!
May 13, 2021 – PacMed continues to require that masks be worn at all times on our premises, by staff as well as patients, even for those who are fully vaccinated.
This helps us maintain standards for infection prevention and ensure all our patients can remain safe when they get care, including those with compromised immune systems.
Please note, the new CDC guidance permitting vaccinated people to unmask indoors allows for continued mask requirements per local business and workplace guidance.
Thank you for bringing your mask and helping us keep everyone safe!
New Landscape. Same Commitment.
While living through a pandemic is new to us all, some things are not: We remain wholly committed to your care and safety. Whether you need attention for something major or minor, we’ve put in place additional protocols to make sure you can be comfortable and confident every time you walk through our doors.
You can now pick up with any appointments that were delayed due to COVID through a virtual or in-person visit. Click here or call us at 1.888.4PACMED (1.888.472.2633) to reschedule.
Virtual visits are a great way to keep your commitment to your health from the safety of your home. They also keep our clinics safer for those who need to see us in person.
9 SAFETY STEPS
We’ve put these safety steps in place to protect your health, and ours, when you’re here with us:
- eCheck-in through MyChart to reduce your time and exposure at the front desk. You can check in via MyChart, up to four days in advance.
- Hello Patient can automatically let us know when you arrive, so you only need to do your COVID screening before sitting down. (Add the MyChart app to your phone and enable location services).
- Masks. Our facilities have adopted policies that align with recommendations from the CDC. Currently, all staff and patients are required to wear masks inside. If you have a personal mask at home, please bring it with you and put it on before entering the clinic.
- Screening. We conduct routine coronavirus screenings, including temperature checks, on all patients, visitors and employees. Those showing symptoms will be diverted to another area.
- Social distance. Floor markers help remind you and others maintain a safe distance. We are also limiting the number of people in tight spaces, like elevators.
- Sanitizing. We rigorously wipe down our waiting areas, exam rooms and high-touch surfaces in our clinics. You can help by washing your hands or using our hand sanitizer stations located throughout our clinics.
- Visitors. We are limiting the number of people who come into our clinics, except for those receiving care. This helps maintain appropriate physical distancing and reduces the spread of germs.
- Virtual Visits. For on-demand and routine medical care, we offer virtual visits – a reliable way to see your provider from the comfort of your home.
- Cashless payments. We are no longer accepting cash or checks in our clinics. You can still pay by debit/credit card, through MyChart, or by mailing your check in. (See details.)
If you have questions about what to expect on your return to the clinic, please give us a call at 1.888.4PACMED/1.888.472.2633.
In this new normal, telehealth is one of the new ways we’re delivering on our commitment to your care and safety. If you’re new to virtual visits, we can walk you through it—all you need is an internet connection and a phone or computer enabled for video calls.
Read more about how it works, and how you can try telehealth for your next routine visit:
Learn more about virtual visits and telehealth
Schedule now online, through MyChart or by calling 1.888.472.2633.